Homemade food recipes

Homemade food recipes
Check below to read the recipes in detail

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Spicy Potato Curry



Ingredients:

2 medium size Boiled potatoes
1 medium size chopped onion
1 medium size tomatoes
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Pinch of salt
Pinch of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
Garam masala (Optional)
1 cup water

Preparation Method:

  • Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they splutter add chopped onions 
  • After onion turns golden brown add tomatoes and ginger garlic paste 
  • Cook until they are nicely mashed up and oil becomes visible on top of the mixture 
  • Now add salt, turmeric and coriander powder and mix well 
  • Finally add chopped/mashed boiled potatoes and 1 cup of water 
  • Cook until you get nice consistency in gravy and garnish with coriander leaves 
  • Serve it with rice, roti, bread or parathas

3 comments:

mamtc said...

Pic is maquerading as soup but recipe looks divine

Elisabeth said...

Last week I made a stir-fried curry vegetables with potatoes...studying your type of dishes helped me create with same spices, and than some. Your potato curry is so yummy, I will try and re-create this.

Sabby-Had I not looked at the response back on the same invitation, I would not have known what you have decided, since you are not responding back to my site re: the award to you.

Please check it out, and see all the other blogger's reaction. I wanted you to have this award, which I received, and I consider this an honor receiving it. I hope you will respond, and pass it on to other bloggers think are worthy of it. I don't know where this originated from, but I think it's a wonderful idea to get to know more bloggers, and their blogs, and sharing each other's culture and great food!

Debbie B. said...

Looks so simple and delicious! I just recently bought those spices for Chicken Tikka and a soup sounds great now that it's getting colder!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger